POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : PLC: Submission formats? : Re: Submission formats? Server Time
3 May 2024 18:36:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Submission formats?
From: Rune
Date: 22 May 2000 11:33:07
Message: <39295333@news.povray.org>
"Bill DeWitt" wrote:
> "Rune" wrote:
> For example we could say that logos can only be
> submitted to the contest if there's at least 3
> persons who supports it. Logos that nobody will
> support has no chance of winning anyway.
>
> I preemptively give my support for -every-
> submission. Now they only need two.

Well, actually I meant that each person could give *one* support only.

> This seems to me to be just a method of
> pre-voting and would cast away any people who
> prefer to send theirs in without previous
> critique.

I personally wouldn't like to see 100+ logos on the voting page (for
bandwidth reasons mainly), so I thought we could "filter out" the logos that
has no chance of winning anyway. That way we could for example prevent one
person from submitting lots of different versions of the same logo, if some
of the versions are not popular at all anyway.

Maybe it would be better if each logo needed one supporter only, or maybe
it's not a good suggestion at all.

Greetings,

Rune

---
Updated April 25: http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk
Containing 3D images, stereograms, tutorials,